Deer Chili for your Deer Camp
Nothing goes with deer camp quite like deer chili! It’s the perfect meal to make ahead of time and leave simmering while you are out on the stand. It’s easy, hearty, and it gets better with time so it will get better as the weekend goes on!
This recipe is a great base for your camp. Start with this but don’t be afraid to adapt it to your group of hunters!
Have a group of hunters that like spicy?
Dice 2 jalapenos and add them in! Or even a few dabs of Tabasco!
Need to make it go a little farther on the third day of camp? Cook up some Spaghetti Noodles and turn it into Chili Mac!
Remember to throw in Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Crackers, Green Onions, or any other toppings your group might like.
- 2 lbs Ground Venison
- 4 Strips Of Bacon
- 2 Diced Onions
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 2 Cans of Tomato Sauce (15 oz)
- 2 Cans of Kidney Beans (15 oz) Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Peeper
- 2 Tablespoons of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Dice the bacon and cook in a skillet with the ground venison, drain and set aside.
- Dice the green pepper, onions, and garlic and saute in your chili pot until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, kidney beans, and meat back into the pot.
- Add in the remaining seasonings and simmer for 2 hours.